Into Death

Into Death
Last in Series Now Available!

My Amazon Author Page

amazon.com/author/malee

Progress Meter

Coming Soon! 2nd novella in the Miss Beale Writes series: The Bride in Ghostly White. A touch of gothic, a touch of mystery.
In the Sketching Stage ~ Miss Beale Write 3: The Captive in Green. A touch of gothic, a touch of mystery
Current Focus ~ Audiobooks from The Write Focus podcast. Published this year: Discovering Characters and Discovering Your Plot; Coming SOON: Defeat Writer's Block

Monday, October 23, 2023

Celebration # 23

 Still a Favorite after all these Years!

Celebration!

I have only 9 more days of October to celebrate the 8th anniversary of my writing journey. I published my first three novels in October of 2015.

Today:

Digging into Death


The Great War is over; peace reigns. Yet Isabella Newcombe encounters murder.

Budding artist Isabella Newcombe finds herself stranded at an archaeological dig. Madoc Tarrant convinces his brother Prof. Gawen Tarrant to hire Isabella as the dig’s illustrator.

Romance is inevitable. Murder is not.

With everyone under suspicion, who can Isabella trust? One of the professors? A student? Gawen Tarrant, needing not only a reputation but also money? Or Isabella’s former employer, who pretends he isn’t after artifacts?

Or is the murderer Madoc, protecting his brother’s dig at all costs?

Has Isabella found true love only to lose her life?

Available in ebook and paperback.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXPRKHM

https://books2read.com/u/bzdM72

Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX1BPx6VUnU

This book saved me twice.

First, during those dark days that I mentioned at the first of the month, this book was one of the three that kept me going.

I submitted it to agents and traditional publishers over and over, receiving the same rejection letters: we love this story but .... The chief reason given for this novel was "no sex on the page"--well, I don't want to write sex on the page, thank you very much. 

In 2016, a year after the first books published in October, I published Digging, without any of the suggested changes.

I thought it would be a stand-alone book. My main focus was the Hearts in Hazard series.

Quelle surprise! My sister demanded another Isabella Newcombe book.

I've written two since then and have a short story collection with Isabella traveling from England to India to rejoin her husband. That's the second save. The Isabella series, now called Into Death, will take me places I never expected.

And that's always a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Novella

Christmas Gift!

Free Novella! Whether you like historical mystery, historical suspense, 1920s romance, crime / mystery / suspense, or all 3 -- check out The...