Into Death

Into Death
Last in Series Now Available!

My Amazon Author Page

amazon.com/author/malee

Progress Meter

Coming Soon! 2nd novella in the Miss Beale Writes series: The Bride in Ghostly White. A touch of gothic, a touch of mystery.
In the Sketching Stage ~ Miss Beale Write 3: The Captive in Green. A touch of gothic, a touch of mystery
Current Focus ~ Audiobooks from The Write Focus podcast. Published this year: Discovering Characters and Discovering Your Plot; Coming SOON: Defeat Writer's Block

Thursday, October 19, 2023

Celebration # 19

 

The Hazard with Hearts

Rumors, Lies, Superstition, & Murder :: The Hazard with Hearts

Two wives haunt the castle. Will she be the third to die?


Available in ebook and paperback.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GJXKK2N/

https://books2read.com/u/boEVg1

Trailer https://youtu.be/y9gELz8G6-E


The final book in the Hearts in Hazard series. This one is most like the vintage gothics that I grew up reading: Victoria Holt, Dorothy Eden, Phyllis A. Whitney ....


After the down and up journeys of the previous two novels, the writing of The Hazard with Heart went very smoothly. A bit of research made me angry (related to the medical profession at the time), and my anger released onto the page. I won't spoil my anger with a hint; you can be as shocked and dismayed and horrified then angry as I was ~ and still am!

The female protagonist gave me problems for about 50 pages, so I changed her name ... and she started behaving. Quelle surprise!

I experienced grief when I finished this novel in August of 2020. I've wondered if the grief is related to our plague year or if it arose out of the end of the Hearts in Hazard series.

I've canoodled with the idea another Regency mystery. Having said goodbye to this 12-book series, I didn't want to re-open the door ~ but the door keeps creaking open. Until I have a solid story, however, I've found a new way to write historical mysteries and expanded far beyond the Regency Era.

Check back on October 29 to see the new route I'm exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Novella

Christmas Gift!

Free Novella! Whether you like historical mystery, historical suspense, 1920s romance, crime / mystery / suspense, or all 3 -- check out The...