Into Death

Into Death
Last in Series Now Available!

My Amazon Author Page

amazon.com/author/malee

Progress Meter

Coming Soon! 2nd novella in the Miss Beale Writes series: The Bride in Ghostly White. A touch of gothic, a touch of mystery.
In the Sketching Stage ~ Miss Beale Write 3: The Captive in Green. A touch of gothic, a touch of mystery

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

What I'm Writing Now: The Key with Hearts

I'm running far behind deadline on the Hearts in Hazard series.

Last year, I should have put out three HnH books:  The Key to Secrets and The Key for Spies (several months late, just published in mid-January) made it to press.

The Key with Hearts is my current struggle.  Too many commitments that drag me away from the story.  Too many distractions that make it too easy to walk away when I do have time.




The story's coming, though, and I love how it's developing.

I plan my novels.  Then, when I write, I usually wind up gutting most of the plan and just following where the story leads.  That's happening now.  It's a joy--but also a struggle.

I could fall back on the plan, but I don't think that would develop into the best book.

And we want the best book possible, don't we?

For now, here's the cover image.  It's Grenville brooding in the maze of his great house.  My guiding mantra for this book:  A convenient marriage inconveniently causes murder.

I have four more books for this year:  the last three in the Hearts in Hazard series, 12 full novels, all loosely connected to each other--after all, it's a small world that we live in.  And the third Into Death mystery with Isabella Newcombe Tarrant, Portrait into Death.  I'll have to wait and see how successful I am at putting out four more books in a year--five total.

Yawch!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Novella

Christmas Gift!

Free Novella! Whether you like historical mystery, historical suspense, 1920s romance, crime / mystery / suspense, or all 3 -- check out The...