Into Death

Into Death
Last in Series Now Available!

My Amazon Author Page

amazon.com/author/malee

Progress Meter

Coming Soon! 2nd novella in the Miss Beale Writes series: The Bride in Ghostly White. A touch of gothic, a touch of mystery.
In the Sketching Stage ~ Miss Beale Write 3: The Captive in Green. A touch of gothic, a touch of mystery
Current Focus ~ Audiobooks from The Write Focus podcast. Published this year: Discovering Characters and Discovering Your Plot; Coming SOON: Defeat Writer's Block

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Last Words Typed Today!

I'm celebrating.  The draft of The Key for Spies is finished!

Revisions (which is fixing and correcting) and editing (and looking for typos) remain ahead.  Then publication.


I've struggling with this book since May.  This book missed every deadline I set for it.

As usual, after I planned and plotted it, it morphed on the way to the page.  Characters came in who were totally unexpected.  Things exploded.  Blood spurted.  Kisses happened.

Other things constantly interrupted:  a revision of Think like a Pro and the brilliant idea to do a planner for writers, called Think/Pro were the first interruptions.

Then, since my friends and I have made a lot of changes in LIVING, I developed the 2*0*4 Lifestyle planner to keep us all on track and shared it with everyone through publishing.

I did several promotions for the writing book and planner and the 2*0*4 planners (7 covers to choose from!) last autumn.  You can check previous posts for more information.  And they're always on my author page on Amazon.

In the midst of working on 2*0*4, I realized I needed to initiate the Great Website Rebuild.  Actually, I need to title it the GREAT WEBSITE REBUILD.  There, it has the proper presentation of the way it took over my life for about 6 weeks.

I was hoping the GWR would lead to fewer "promotional" posts as I try to get my writing names out into the world.  It didn't.  I've got to cut somewhere.  Posting takes too much time since I'm responsible for this blog and Edie Roones and Remi Black and Writers Ink Books and Writers Ink Services and the Facebook posts for Wednesday and Saturday and Monday.  60 spots every month.  That's much too much.  It will cut down.  It has to.

And I've learned to paint ceilings and walls, to cut in with paint so we can roll later.  I've swept up nails and sanding dust and bits of wire and gathered up plumbing fixtures and peeled off window film and all sorts of things.

But, with all that and with everything else that came crashing in, K4SPIES is finished. !!!

I'm totally happy.

For about three seconds. ;)

Time to start The Key with Hearts.

It's already boiling around in my mind.

A convenient marriage inconveniently causes murder.

More mystery than suspense.  Still a dash of romance.

2019 will have more biz-related work as I consider going wide after being exclusive to Amazon.

More books to write, which always makes me happy.  After delaying this writing dream for so long, I am ecstatic every time I finish a book and turn to the next one.

Count me happy this 5th day of the 2019!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Novella

Christmas Gift!

Free Novella! Whether you like historical mystery, historical suspense, 1920s romance, crime / mystery / suspense, or all 3 -- check out The...